Monday, March 31, 2014

Laundry Fairy

So there is a "mommy blog" out there that I have fallen in love with. Its not like the blogs I posted about a few weeks ago. This one is super funny, and more realistic. By the way, big shout out to my friend Jamie who helped me discover this one!:)
I read a post from this woman the other day that was talking about how her mother loves, and I mean LOVES to do laundry. It struck a cord with me. When I was about to marry my honey, one of the biggest things I could not wait to do was wash, fold and put away his laundry. I promise I wasn't on crack! Just the thought of taking care of him like that made me happy.
Fast forward 14.5 years & 2 kids later....I'm ready for my laundry fairy!
When my mom use to come visit me, that was one of the things that I loved the most. She as well loves to do laundry. The only thing she hates about it is putting it away. I remember when I was little, she was so happy sitting on our couch folding laundry, we kids would line up and she would hand us piles to put away.
We moved my mom here 3 years ago and now instead of coming over and doing my laundry, she has just decided to add to it. The other thing my mom loves is buying socks and underwear. I never have to buy my kids or husband these items because she does it! Which, don't get me wrong is really nice, but....it makes more laundry......
I'm hoping that maybe there was a laundry fairy, but I'm pretty sure I may find her dead at the bottom of my laundry hamper.

No comments:

Post a Comment