So, if I could sit down with myself at 17 what would I say?
1) Time is precious, so procrastinate effectively. Sounds like a contradiction, I know, but trust me on this.
2) Forgiveness is key in feeling truly free.
3) It's ok to tell people no. They will get over it.
4) Learn how to be a great friend. You don't realize you're making memories, you just know you're having fun!
5) Be respectful. No one one ever looks back and regrets being kind.
6) God only has 3 answers for you, Yes, Not now, or wait, I have something better planned for you. This is especially true for marriage.
7) Along with number 6, don't settle for less than what you deserve on love. Trust me on this, you WILL be happy with your decision!
8) Drink coffee or tea outside if possible.
9) Splurge on large bath towels.
10) Don't stop reading good books. It will be hard to find time, but get lost in them!
11) Being pregnant and giving birth is not as bad as everyone will scare you into believing. They have good drugs for that! Except morning sickness, sorry babe, that one sucks!
12) No matter how much you think you do, you do not need anyone to determine your value. You only need to know what you are worth.
13) Don't be afraid to ask for help. God and most people want to see you succeed, let them in.
14) No matter how bad it hurts, some people have walked out of your life for a reason, they are not worth letting back in.
15) Speak the truth and be proud of it.
16) Lastly, buy a puppy. A golden retriever. She will be the best dog you ever had.