Monday, July 11, 2016

Summer vacation... mom wants to run away.

So I've been really terrible about keeping up my blog. I mean terrible! The truth is that I'm maxed out keeping up with the business (which consumes most of my time) , kids out for the summer, and the husband who hurt his back.

So here we are, neck deep into summer and I have yet to write anything interesting. I reached out to my friends Gina, Katie and Kristen for some ideas since my brain is roasting in my non-air conditioned office! (That's right, currently it is 87 degrees in here!)

I have to admit, my friends are a lot more creative than I am. Suggested topics were: divorce and real estate, or crazy stories you've seen or heard of, like walking in on buyers having sex in a house they don't own or something, or how to spot and unscrupulous agent (Gina) or Summer vacation, every mom wants to run away.(Katie).

Gina, I love your idea, but haven't run in to buyers having sex,(yet) and the divorce stories...too long, and not sure how to tell the story of a grown man sitting at my desk telling me his wife left him for another woman. Oh wait, look, I just did!

Ok Katie! Here ya go!

I have honestly approached summer with equal parts, delight and dread. Like I'm sure most moms do!

I love the fact I don't have to get up while it is still dark, and try to convince my children that it is in fact morning. All of this knowing that in 30 min my 9 yr old will tell me she forgot she had homework, when in fact I did ask her the night before. I love that on Saturday my kids and husband stayed asleep till 10am! That's right, you heard me, 10am! I drank coffee and played on Pinterest for 2 hours. It was heaven!!!

Then there is the dread.....My mother in law taught my son how to dial my phone number. Where I think its a great idea for kids to know phone numbers, and I know my mother in law doesn't have a malice bone in her body, he calls me 15 times a day at the least.

Jaxon: "Mom I need you to come home right now!"
Me: "Why?"
Jaxon: " I wanted to give you a hug and a kiss"
Me: "Awe, that's sweet buddy, but I'm working so I can't"
Jaxon, long pitiful sigh,....."Ok..."


Sounds sweet right? Oh don't let that fool you. The next day I thought taking him to the regional airport would be nice since he loves planes and his cousin works there. When we got in the car, and I asked him to buckle his seat belt, his reply: "I don't bow to you!". I'll just stop there and let you use your imagination about what happened next.



Please share some of you summer stories with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment